Here is a simple to build regulated power supply. The two diodes are to boost the 24V to 25V DC. It uses regulator 7824 and TIP2955 PNP Transistor to boost current.
1. choose a transformer with a close match of what is available.
2."100V 3A" at the bridge is the minimum diode rating also(or use 4 x 1N5408). "100V 3A" is also minimum bridge rating use a close match.
3.to make a bridge with 4 diodes refer my other circuits, there are many.
4. 22V AC leads to around 30V unrectified DC which is good, if the 30V becomes more, the heatsink needs to be very big.
5. the ground of regulator is lifted by (0.7*2) by 2 diodes to provide 1 V above 24V, as 25V regulator does not exist. the power supply 'neg' can be grounded or earthed,
6. the supply is a+25 V from ground or negative, but things are only relative.
7.if you need a dual supply 3 terminal , that is ground +25 and -25 then for -25 one more circuit using 7924 and tip3055(npn) has to be made.
8. use any high current pnp transistor (5A) you have put a heatsink with heatsink compound.